Spring Semester: 4/23/17 – 6/25/17
**All Mini-Mites are eligible for a bonus of 30% off of a Hockey 1, 2 or 3 Skating Academy class during the Current Semester!**
Next Semester: Coming Soon
- Q. My child has never skated before, what should we do?A: If the child is in between the ages of 3 & 5, they should start with Tot 1, which is all skating.
If the child is 6 or over and wants to hockey skate, they should start with Hockey 1, which is all skating.
- Q. Are skates provided?A:No, Mini-mites requires full gear. Rental skates are provided in lessons leading up to mini-mites.
- Q. How do I register?A: Online registration will be available on a respective page on NYTEXSports.com or you can visit in person and sign up at the front desk.
- Q. What should my child wear to class?A: Children are encouraged to wear a bike or hockey helmet if they are under 7. We also recommend warm clothes and gloves or mittens and socks.
- Q. When can they join Mini-Mites?A: In order to join Mini-Mites, the skater should be able to perform the following skills at an above average level:
TWO FOOT GLIDE: Must be performed for a distance at least equal to the skater’s height on two feet after taking only three steps.
ONE FOOT GLIDE: Must be performed for a distance at least equal to the skater’s height after taking only three steps (must be performed on both the right and left foot).
FWD SWIZZLES: Forward swizzles must be performed for a distance at least equal to the skater’s height in three in-and-out movements.
BWD WIGGLES: Must be performed for a distance at least equal to the skater’s height in four zigzag movements.
BWD SWIZZLES: A backward swizzle must be performed for a distance at least equal to the skater’s height with three in-and-out movements.
If you take Skating Academy classes, your instructor will let you know when you should move on to Mini-Mites.
- Do Mini-Mites wear full gear?A: Yes, Mini-Mites will wear full gear and use a stick. The first 30 minutes of each class is devoted to skating skills, and the second half is devoted to stick and puck skills.
- Q. When are Mini-Mite semesters?A: Mini-Mites run every 8 weeks and follow the same semesters as Skating Academy.
Contact our Skating Director, Jennifer Anderson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-520-3352.