NYTEX Senior Hockey League
The NYTEX Senior Hockey League is for players over the age of 18.
All games will be played inside the NYTEX Sports Centre.
Friday, Aug 22
8:55pm-10:10pm: C/D League Drop In
10:20pm-11:35pm: A/B League Drop In
Saturday, Aug 23
9:15pm-10:30pm: A/B League Drop In
9:15pm-10:30pm: C/D League Drop In
Coordinator's Meetings in NYTEX Conference Room
Saturday, Aug 23 @ 10:00AM
Tuesday, Aug 26 @ 7:00PM
AA (4 Teams)
A (4 Teams)
B (10 Teams)
C-Upper (8-10 Teams)
C-Lower (8-10 Teams)
D (12 Teams)
AA & A teams will play cross-division and division games.
D-Division is not an introductory/instructional league. Information about NYTEX's adult hockey skills classes and instructional league coming soon.
NSHL Game Format
- All games will include a 5 minute warm-up
- The games will consist of 3 - 20 minute run-time periods with 2 minute breaks between them.
- All dressed players must submit a photo ID before the beginning of each game to be verified by the scorekeeper.
- If a player plays illegally, the game is forfeit and the team captain will serve a 1 game suspension.
- At the end of the 3rd period, if a scores are tied, a 5 man shootout will determine the winner.
- If a 2 goal differential exists in the 3rd period, the last 2 minutes will be stop-time.
Team fees will be accepted from coordinators only
$2500 one time payment - due by 9/15/2014
$2750 Payment Plan - 2 payments. $1500 deposit due by 9/6/2014. Remaining $1250 due by 10/15/2014
- Teams will be allowed a maximum of 22 players on their roster and need to be submitted to the League Director by 9/4/2014 and include Player Name (first and last), Primary Jersey number*, and current USAHockey number.
- During the season, any changes to a player's jersey # should be presented to the scorekeeper by the team coordinator prior to the start of the game.
- Players may be rostered on a maximum of 2 teams. Dual-rostered players must play in adjacent divisions (i.e. B/UC, LC/D).
- ALL roster changes must be submitted in writing to the League Director no later than 48 hours prior to game time for approval. Once approved, online roster will be updated and teams will be notified.
- Scorekeepers will not be allowed to make roster changes under any circumstances, and players not listed on official rosters will not be allowed to play. See below for goalie exception.
- Rosters will be reviewed upon submission to ensure proper division placement. NYTEX Sports reserves the right to re-evaluate a player and/or team with regard to division placement and level of play.
- Rosters may not contain players currently rostered on any scholastic, collegiate, Junior A, or professional ice hockey teams during the current season (Aug 2014-July 2015).
Pool 1: Divisions AA, A & B
Pool 2: Divisions UC, LC & D
Goalies may sub on teams within their pool. If goalies are needed less than 48 hours before your game time, you may select a goalie rostered in your "pool" and notify the League Director by email regarding the change and scorekeepers will be notified.
For additional information, please contact:
NYTEX Senior Hockey League Director